Fife Lake Township Logo Competition
Guidelines and Contest Rules
Fife Lake Township is looking for a new logo that will better identify our office and community. In order to engage our local community, Fife Lake Township is announcing a competition to design a new logo. The new logo may be used on Fife Lake Township website, social media sites, business cards, letterhead, posters, souvenir trinkets and gifts, or anywhere else Fife Lake Township chooses. This document describes the official requirements and rules of the competition.
By entering, participants agree to be bound by these contest rules. Violating any rule or not following instructions may eliminate participants’ eligibility. Fife Lake Township has the right to disqualify any entrant at any time at its sole discretion.
1. The contest is open to anyone who lives, works or attends school in Fife Lake Township. This includes youth and adults and their immediate family members.
2. The contest is not open to board members of Fife Lake Township Board or their immediate family members.
3. Contestants are permitted to work in groups; however, only one (1) prize will be awarded regardless of group size.
Submission Guidelines and How to Enter
1.The contest is open from 12:01 a.m. March 1, 2021 Eastern Standard Time (EST) and closes at 11:59 p.m. April 15, 2021. Late submissions will not be considered. Fife Lake Township Board Members will vote on a winner and a winner will notified by Friday April 23.
2. All entries must be submitted electronically to the Fife Lake Township at email@example.com. Submissions must include the full name(s) of the person(s) who designed the logo, name, email address, postal address, and telephone number.
3. One or more submissions per person is acceptable. Each submission must be sent in a separate email.
4. There is no fee to enter the contest.
Logo Design Guidelines and Parameters
The purpose of this contest is to design a logo to be used by the Fife Lake Township Board and office.
The logo’s design should reflect the values and lifestyle of Fife Lake Township. The logo should incorporate the Fife Lake Township name (abbreviated or spelled out)
The logo must be appropriate for a professional business setting. Examples would be for letterhead and business cards and branding our township.
Entries must be submitted as JPEG files. For quality reproduction purposes, the winning entry must later be submitted in scalable vector graphic format (EPS). Color must be CMYK, though the logo may also be produced in black and white. Contestants are advised to avoid gradients and half-tones. The logo must be easy to use, handle, resize, and manipulate for all reproduction purposes. It should be visually appealing on both small (as small as 1 in x 1 in) and large scales.
1. Entrants affirm their submissions are their own original work, have not been copied from others or from previous designs, including their own, and do not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
2. Submissions become the sole property of Fife Lake Township and may be used for any Fife Lake Township purposes, including, but not limited to, display on websites, business cards, letterhead, posters, and other materials.
3. Fife Lake Township shall have the right to adapt, edit, modify, or otherwise use the winning submission in part or in its entirety in whatever manner it deems appropriate.
4. Fife Lake Township reserves the right to choose not to use the winning entry as described in these contest guidelines.
5. Fife Lake Township reserves the right to use any other entry for promotional purposes in the future.
6. If the winner is determined to have violated any rules, he/she will be required to forfeit or return the prize, even if the determination is made after the prize has been awarded.
Determination of Winner and Prize
1. The winning entry will be selected by a panel comprised of (2) board members of Fife Lake Township, (2) community members and one artist. Their decision will be final and no further correspondence shall be entered into.
2. Entries will be judged on their visual appeal, adherence to the concept prompting the contest, quality of design, and ease of reproduction for the purposes stated above.
3. The prize for the winning entry is $200.00 which has been donated anonymously to this cause.
4. The winner will be notified via email and announced on the Fife Lake Township website.
1. Fife Lake Township is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or otherwise unusable entries, including entries that are lost or unusable due to computer, internet, or electronic problems.
2. Fife Lake Township reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest and award the prize by alternate means if fraud or technical failure is determined at any time by Fife Lake Township, including after the submission window has closed.
3. Fife Lake Township is not liable, for the purpose of winner and prize notification and delivery, in the event the contest winner has provided incorrect, outdated, or otherwise invalid contact information.Fife Lake Township meetings are on audio Due to the seriousness of the transition of Covid-19, no one will be allowed in the township hall without protective covering over your face that covers your mouth and nose. We will provide you with a mask if needed. This is for the protection of not only yourself but those who you come in contact with at the office. Also, remember social distancing of six feet and sanitize your hands upon entry into the township office!
Property tax information is available online at bsasoftware.com. Choose the top red box to the right “Search Online Property”, choose “Grand Traverse County”, then “Fife Lake Township”. An account needs to be created. Your own information is free; $2.00 for detailed information.
Please click the Xpress-pay it button to perform an online payment.
For more information
Poverty Property Tax Exemption Info:
There's been some changes to the poverty exemption law. A few interesting
* Local units must post the policy, application and guidelines on their
* Local units can adopt a resolution that allows an exemption granted
for 2019 or 2020 to be carried forward for 21, 22, and 23 for those on SSI,
SSD, or SS retirement. The resolution must be adopted by Feb 15.
* They can also adopt a resolution for new exemptions granted in 21, 22,
or 23 to remain exempt for up to 3 years (applicant must be on SSI, SSD,
or SS retirement)
* Summary of PA 253 of 2020 Poverty Exemption
From: State Tax Commission <MITreasury@govsubscriptions.
Friday, January 8, 2021 10:56 AM Subject: Public Act 253 of 2020: Important
Changes to MCL 211.7u Poverty Exemption
Public Act 253 of 2020 was signed into law on December 23, 2020. The Act
made several changes to the poverty exemption statute (MCL 211.7u) that will
impact how local units, assessors, and boards of review handle the exemption
starting with the 2021 tax year. A summary of the key provisions and changes
in PA 253 is attached to assist local units, assessors, and boards of review
in understanding and implementing the necessary changes that are effective
with the 2021 tax year.
The State Tax Commission will be working to create the statutorily required
poverty application form, audit bulletin, and other necessary forms and
* Summary of PA 253 of 2020 Poverty Exemption
WINTER TAX COLLECTION HOURS
ANY CHANGES TO THIS SCHEDULE WILL BE POSTED HERE AND ALSO THE TOWNSHIP WEBSITE
CONTACT TREASURER FOR ANY OTHER INFORMATION
DECEMBER 5, 12, 19 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
DECEMBER 30, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
JANUARY 9,16,23, 30 10:00 AM -2:00 PM
FEBRUARY 6, 13, 16 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
MARCH 1 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
TREASURER PHONE 231-879-4656
Dear Fife Lake Community,
Brainstorming new ways to keep our residents abreast of what is happening in our township will be one of my first tasks as supervisor. I will be creating an email list for a monthly newsletter. To be included please drop me an email and let me know that you would like to be on the email list. These will be sent as undisclosed recipients so your privacy is protected.
My office hours will be by appointment only until the Covid -19 restrictions are lifted. At this time I will plan to be in the office on Weekdays, Monday through Friday 9am -1pm (except for holiday weeks) Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at (231)499-7685 with any questions or concerns.
Stay safe and stay positive. There are great things in store for Fife Lake Township!Respectfully Yours,Gerianne Street
Grand Traverse Economic Development (GTED) is the commercial investment and holding company owned by the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians. GTED is working on a plan to partner with North Bay Capital on the redevelopment of the prior Camp Pugsley site to establish the Grand Traverse Science & Technology Innovation Center (GT STIC). This will create new jobs and training opportunities for Tribe members, Veterans and others at the site. Currently they have right by use for Manufacturing/Fabricating, Warehouses and Contractors, Facilities and Yards. Bay Shore Steel Works plans to renovate GT STIC facilities and purchase new equipment to expand their manufacturing service line with a Water Jet system.
Submitted letter to MAMA for development of MI SLFI Command & Control Center
5 acre environmentally controlled & scientifically engineered greenhouse projects
Data Centers & Telemedicine Call Center
New Battery Technology Manufacturing
Containerized Power / RAE Helix Wind Turbines
Telecom (5G) and Satellite Communications
Security & Access Control Systems
New Tenant Placement
Expand Product Sourcing, Warehousing & Distribution
New Teaming Partners & Profitable Business Acquisitions
Multiple Grant Pursuits – DOE, USDA, MEDC DoD STEM, DOL, etc. for projects
Future ‘Netherlands’ Greenhouses – Fruits & Vegetables Production, Packaging, Distribution
NOTE: To view the Medical Marihuana Facilities Ordinance MMFO-2018-1, go to Township Board and scroll to bottom of page, then open the ordinance. Please note the effective date has been changed to March 1, 2019.
Supervisor Gerianne Street 231 499-7685
Clerk Leigh Ann Gifford
Treasurer Cathy Sorrow 231 879-4656
Trustee Nicole Gibson 231 342-2015
Trustee Dawn Zimmerman
Assessor Dawn Kuhns 231 409-1827
Zoning Debbie Rodriquez 231 879-3963
Fire – Scott Tinker 231 879-4009
Deputy Eric Meiers 231 879-5302
Cemetery – Lisa Plamondon 231 499-1578
Fife Lake Township and the Ambulance Authority have adopted the following weapons policy:
Fife Lake Township Weapons Policy
To prohibit non-law enforcement personnel from possessing
and storing weapons in Fife Lake Township owned buildings.
All Fife Lake Township elected officials, hired employees and volunteers.
Fife Lake Township personnel shall not possess or store weapons
in Fife Lake Township owned buildings at any time.
Items to be excluded: trauma shears, pocket knives.
(these items to be used by EMS or Fire Staff)
A weapon shall be defined as:
any firearm or any weapon required to be licensed under the CPL law,
or any weapon that is against the law. (adopted 2-23-2017)
Please take notice that Fife Lake will provide auxiliary aids or services to individual(s) with disabilities. Persons needing such services should contact the offices of the township clerk by writing or calling the clerk, not less than five (5) days prior to the hearing.
- Fife Lake Township Hall
124 Morgan Street
Fife Lake, Michigan 49633
Fife Lake Township shall update news and events as needed to help keep the public informed of the activities within the township during each month. Check here for the latest news and events. If you care to place information about a public activity in this space on our web site, feel free to contact Supervisor Street 231 879-3963 to have your activity date/dates announced.